The Solid State (Smart) Transformer market is currently in an introductory phase, but in a couple of years, it is expected to experience high growth due to its advantages. Solid state transformer has a capability to operate at higher frequency range. Its physical size and weight ratio to the legacy transformer is more than 1:100. The new solid state transformers are quite flexible. They use diodes and transistors and other semiconductor-based devices (power electronics); which unlike the transistors used in computer chips, are engineered for handling high power levels and happen to be fast switching. In response to signals from home or utility, they can change the voltage and other characteristics of the power they generate. They can put out either DC or AC power, or take in DC and AC power from wind turbines and solar panels and change the frequency and voltage to what is needed for the grid. They have processors and communications’ hardware built in, thereby allowing them to communicate with utility operators, the other smart transformers, and consumers.
The major companies in smart sensor market are ABB (Switzerland), Siemens AG (Germany), Schneider Electric SA (France), Alstom (France), Avago Technologies Limited (U.S.), Bombardier Inc (Canada) ,Cooper power systems (U.S.), Mitsubishi electric Corporation (Japan) , CREE Inc (U.S.) , Infineon Technologies (Germany), STMicroelectronics (U.S.), SPX Transformers (U.S.), GE (U.S.), Duke energy (U.S.), Plasmatechnics Inc. (U.S.), Selco (U.S.), Varentec (U.S.), and Gridco Systems (U.S.).
Strong growth in EMU:
EMU is expected to contribute the market share of $6.72 million in 2014 which is 0.63% of overall global Solid State Transformer market. EMU is expected to grow upto $69.24 million by 2018 at a CAGR of 79.16%.
- Broadly defining conventional transformers and their types
- Solid sate transformers are explained by comparing with the traditional transformers
- Power grid
- Traction locomotives
- Electric vehicle charging stations and others
- High frequency transformers drives and others
- Allowing bidirectional flow of power
- Power loss reduction
- Introduction of Solid State transformer in Civil and Military aviation application
- High Power transmission and Traditional transformer
To know about the assumptions considered for the study, Download thePDF Brochure.
随着市场数据,你也可以定制MMM assessments that meet your Company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standard and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- In-depth trend analysis of products (Segment wise)
- Product Matrix which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country as well as sub segment level
- Segment wise and Country wise analysis of usage of products at end user level
- Region wise end-user Adoption rate analysis of the technology
- Emerging New technology (company and country wise)
- Technology Matrix which gives a detailed comparison of technologies mapped at country and sub segment level
- In depth trend analysis of raw materials in competitive scenario
- Raw material/ Component Matrix which gives a detailed comparison of Raw material/ Component portfolio of each company mapped at country level
Speak to our expert analyst for a discussion on the above findings, ClickSpeak to Analyst!
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit//www.islamkalender.com/custom-research-services.htmlto specify your custom Research Requirement